Tuesday, January 14, 2014

CHAPTER SELECTIONS (assigned 1/15 due 1/22)


Chapter 5 discusses how photography can be used as an art form as well as a tool in many fields such as advertising.  This chapter really interests me because I have created many series solely as art but intend to pursue a carrier on the artistic side of marketing or advertising, specifically relating to photography.  I believe that photographs intended to be used as an advertising tool or as an expressive medium are both very different yet equally extraordinary types of art.  I feel that this chapter really touches on issues within photography, which I am passionate about.

Chapter 7 is about how photography has evolved over the ages due to technological developments.  I have very mixed feelings about the technological advances within photography, especially regarding digital.  I love my digital cameras and believe that the technological advances have lead to the capturing of outstanding photographs but I don’t want the past art forms to be lost.

Chapter 2 focuses on how photography is used for documentary purposes and its relation to capturing every day moments.  This section intrigues me because I believe that photojournalism and journalism work hand in hand in order to truly document all aspects of an event or time period.  I believe that words help explain events but nothing is able to truly convey and capture peoples responses, emotions, and reactions to specific periods and events in time the way a photograph can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment