Monday, February 24, 2014

work in progress 2







The thoughts behind these sets of images were very different than my first work in progress work set of images.  I wanted to show my viewers that there is not only one correct way to view the world and the things in it.  Every one has their own unique way of seeing things and each perspective can open the eyes of others.  Many people will see something as mundane or common, however when seen from another person’s perspective it might be beautiful.  I intend to show this perspective change and how I view the world threw reflections, and the majority of my images in the past and the ones I plan to take in the future are/ will be very different.  I wanted these set of photos to very explicitly and deliberately show how there can be many perspectives or ways to view something.  I choose to use things like sunglass lenses, sculls looking at each other, and a single image reflected several times in one image to explain this to my viewers.  Even though these images are not what I envision for the majority of my project I believe they will play a very important role in the series.  I have always had trouble explaining how I see things and have a much easier time expressing myself by showing others instead of writing or explaining it.  The idea behind/ theme of this project has been something I have been working on for a while but have had trouble explaining.  I have decided that one of the ways I will express my ideas behind this project is also by adding several photos to the series which have a much more obvious way of expressing my ideas.  These series of photos were taken with the intent to help me express the ideas behind the project and will help me explain the other images in the series.  


No comments:

Post a Comment