Wednesday, April 23, 2014

FINAL PROJECT



 Artist Statement

There is no right or wrong way to view the world and the wonders within it.  Every one has their own unique way in which they see things, and each individual’s perspective holds the potential to uncover hidden beauties, which others may not see.   I am dyslexic and throughout my life people have been telling me that the way I see things is backwards and there for incorrect.  However, when I look at things they do not appear backwards they appear normal, the way I see things does not seem wrong to me.  I am aware that the majority of the world interacts with the physical objects around them but I interact with their reflections or mirror images. 
I never thought that being dyslexic influenced how I view things out side an academic world, until recently.  When I started taking photographs I realized that reflections were an overwhelming and reoccurring theme.   I discovered that when I see something the first thing I focus on is not the physical object itself, but on the reflection it cast on its surrounding surfaces.  I believe that my brain is prone to seeking out and focusing on mirror images and I do not see this as a disability. I do not see my dyslexia as a disability and I want to share some of the magnificent things it allows me to see with others.  Through my photography I want to explore all the ways in which my dyslexia changes and forms a unique perspective and share this view with the world.

Images included in final series















Images Included in Portfolio





No comments:

Post a Comment