Sunday, April 6, 2014

WIP #4

Before taking these photos I went back and studied my old contact sheets to determine which photos where working well together as a series.  I decided that I wanted this set of photos to focus on the reflection.  In the past I have had photos where the image being reflected was included in the photo and was just as crisp as the image being reflected.  With this project I set out to take a series of photos, which only showed one possible perspective, which would be demonstrated threw the images only focusing on the reflections.
I choose these photos because I felt like they force the viewer to look at the photo with a clear single perspective in mind.  Previously the viewer had the option to look at the image, which would be doing the reflecting and its reflection.  I choose the photo of the word dyslexic because I wanted to show my view of the word dyslexic.  I do not see dyslexia as seeing things backwards or incorrectly, I just see it as a different way of viewing something.  I hung a photo of the word backwards and upside down and took a photo of its reflection.  I did this because I want my viewers to see that when I see the world, “it is not backwards”.  I wanted to get the idea across that there is no one correct way to see the world.  I included photos that were only of reflections, and images where the object being reflected was included but taken with a shallow depth of field. 
            I printed this series of photos on a larger scale than in the past.  I did this because I feel that if the images are larger, and closer to their actual size, the viewer is able to see the details in the photo and possibly understand it better.  I also created a white border, which is equal on all sides because I feel like uneven boarders are distracting.  I also believe that having a boarder and not a bleed image makes the viewer focus on the image being presented and not wonder about what lays beyond the edge of the image.  Reflections hold a lot of detail but can also be distorted and having them displayed on a larger scale it makes the images easier to view.  










No comments:

Post a Comment