Sunday, April 20, 2014

Feedly #13


I am not normally drawn to portraits but I have recently seen them displayed in new and interesting ways which has grabbed my attention.  I really enjoyed reading the Lenscratch post by Grant Gill posted on April 16th about Anthony Luvera's new work.  Anthony Luvera is an English photographer who captured images of 11 people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; the series is called not going shopping. He has had shows at the National Portrait Gallery in London, which happens to be one of my favorite museums and I believe I have previously seen his work.  I really enjoy that the exhibition as a whole is made of series of three images accompanies by a phrase.  I feel that the different expressions captured along with a quote allows us to understand the subject better.  Recently I have been seeing several other exhibitions like this and want to explore the method more.  I really feel that displaying the images in this way allows the viewers to connect to the subjects and understand them.



Favorite Photos 



No comments:

Post a Comment